Picking just the right shade of blue....
Garrett and his big buddy working so hard.....
After our blueberry adventure, Garrett and I headed down to Nacogdoches, TX where my mom's side of the family lives. We didn't get to see everyone in town BUT did enjoy swimming in Cami's pool and brief visits with my cousins & their kiddos and my grandmother.

Mimi (my mom), Garrett and one of his cousins, Mason, in the pool....
G-man found this round float which gave him courage to venture into "the deep blue sea" (as he calls it). Garrett had a blast kicking and "swimming" across the pool all by himself once in the float. We promptly bought a few floats to use back at home!
We headed back for home on Friday to be back in time to go to our minor league team's baseball game. Our church's worship and arts department had an outing there that night, and Kenny was asked to sing the National Anthem! I didn't get any clear pictures of him but it was so neat to see him out on the field and hear his voice booming through a stadium. I think I was more nervous than he was! He did an amazing job!
This was also the first real baseball game we've taken Garrett to - he loved it although he was mostly intrigued as to why the players wear big numbers on their shirts and had a grand old time getting snacks, playing at the park playground and bounce house. Oh, well! It was great time as a family!
Garrett & Mommy at the Game

3 comments:
SO fun!! This reminds me of a book we read over and over at that age, "Blueberries for Sal" I know he would like it now that he's picked berries.
What a precious, beautiful little boy. His mom, too. :)
Love y'all!!
OH - I just saw on your blog that your last T-Shirt order has been placed --- I really want a L green fingerprint t-shirt - do you still have an extra? weels1@hotmail.com
Jodi,
I will have many extra Fingerprint shirts by the end of next week! I will e-mail you and we can work out the details!
Jill
Post a Comment