**Edited on Saturday: The sweet little package of papers landed at our agency on Friday morning and should be in the process of being copied, looked over and then shipped to Africa!
Really? Really? Our dossier still isn't complete. And oh, yeah. It was lost for two days. Uh-huh. Really.
We sent our dossier to our courier of choice two weeks ago & it was received within less than 24 hours. Typically, it would have been returned to our agency within 3-5 days. But there was a little issue with one document. After 24 hours of frantic worrying, we got it solved. And so we thought our dossier would have been back by LAST Friday or at least this Monday.
Since I wasn't able to track the return shipping on-line yesterday, I called our courier to check in and see what the status might be. I got a return phone call today (Wednesday) saying that everything is okay....NOW.
Apparently our courier took our documents in on Monday morning and left them with the Embassy to be picked up yesterday (Tuesday). When they went into DC to get them yesterday, they were told the dossier had already been picked up by someone else.
SOMEONE ELSE? There is NO ONE else.
So, for about 24 hours some other human being has had our dossier (and everything ever known or written about our lives). OUR courier was able to track this person down and get the dossier back. Whew!
Or so we thought.....
Apparently, when the wrong courier picked up the documents he didn't check them. The dossier wasn't stamped correctly and will need to be taken BACK to the Embassy to be re-done. Really? Really?
Our courier assures me he will take our dossier to the Embassy first thing in the morning, wait for them to be done CORRECTLY (given the Embassy doesn't close suddenly which they have been known to do) and ship them to our agency in the afternoon.
While I would like to breathe a sigh of relief, I'm holding my breath. I am frustrated. But, I am not throwing a hissy fit or crying. I merely shrugged my shoulders just now and thought to myself, "Oh well. It'll all get done. Sometime."
The timing all happens for a reason....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, my sweet friend. I am so sorry! You seem to be handling it well though. God's timing can seem so wacky to us, but He's got you and your sweet baby and EVEN your paperwork in His hands. I know everything will work out.
What frustration! It is hard to imagine that in a very short time none of this frustration will matter one bit. You'll have that sweet baby in your arms soon. Praying for "the peace that passes all understanding."
Amy
Oh my WORD.
Post a Comment