Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thomas







One of the best parts about being a parent of a toddler is that you can so use the fun things they are into as an excuse for your strange obsessions. For example, Garrett likes Thomas the Tank Engine. He's not obsessed like a few other little boys we know. But, he likes the trains. Even has a train table with many, many trains and accessories. Secretly, though, Kenny digs them. He makes the coolest tracks with dips and turns and bridges and tunnels. I am amazed and often wonder why he didn't go into engineering.







But I digress. The point isn't that Kenny probably digs the whole train thing as much if not more than Garrett. No problem. But I, on the other hand, have taken it to a whole new level. I have an inclination towards "shows". You know, the ones that come to town and somehow, someway bring to life cartoon characters? Uh-huh. Loved them as a kid. Probably because my mom ALWAYS took my brother and I to see them. So, I pass this one off to Mimi.












Very long story, I know, I know. But here is the connection. Thomas the Tank Engine "Live" was coming to town. Garrett likes Thomas. I like shows. Mimi taught me to like the shows. So, I coaxed Mimi into getting us tickets. She gladly obliged. Thanks Mimi.













We went and fun was had by all. Really fun times. Garrett sat so still and was in awe of the life-size trains. He suckered us into some fun souvenirs. And by suckered, I mean we asked him what he wanted and gladly handed the dough over to the man robbing us right before our very eyes. Hmm. One chance to do it up like this. Won't regret a moment.





PS....Two things:





1) Did anyone else go to this show and now cannot get that tune out of your head...."Dew-da-dew-da-dew-da-dew" ?????





2) I promise to blog one of these days about some serious stuff, the stuff on my mind and in my heart.....

2 comments:

life with the wisners said...

we went. tonight (Sunday) at 5. you just wait. if your kid is *remotely* into the Wiggles, save the date for august 25. they put on a GREAT show.

oh, and we got the thomas glow stick too. suckers.

AND just try letting him watch charlie and lola or backyardigans. you will WANT him to watch tv so you can watch those shows.

Julie said...

Know EXACTLY what you mean. Rudy and I swear that the best concert we ever went too was The Wiggles! We even followed them back to the hotel for some good old fashioned stalking. LOVE THEM!!