Monday, April 16, 2007

Inclement Mommy Weather

Well, the intentions were good. More than good. They were great. Yet Potty Training Day One was postponed due to inclement Mommy weather. I woke up this morning with no voice. Zero. Nadda. Nil. Apparently that nice little sinus infection I had last week came back with an added bonus of laryngitis. Nice timing. Really nice.

For those of you who don't know me all that well, you might want to know that I am a bit "Type A" and when I get a plan, you better not get in my path. Well, okay, if you get in my path I will usually find a way around you. BUT -- there was no way to find a way around no voice for potty training directions to be given, praises to be shouted. Big, fat, bummer!

So, Garrett and I proceeded to run the only two errands we had this morning: a) signing up for preschool in the fall (and score, we landed a spot at our most coveted little Frisco establishment for those four feet and under...I've been on the waiting list and lottery system for this place since January 2006) and b) going to get G's allergy treatment -- this week was for calcium.

I must note that Garrett woke up in a fairly happy mood after zero night wakings - score for us- but soon became agitated with my lack of ability to chit-chat. Another in case you didn't know, our son could chit-chat with the best of them....a wall, a hat, the dog, his shoes, and so on. So the fact that no one was speaking back to him was probably devastating. We had several meltdowns. "Mommy, TALK! Mommy, please talk louder! Mommy, talk N-O-W!"

Okay, so a third errand popped up after the nice folks at my doctor's office agreed to call me in a prescription. (And if you are thinking, how did she talk to them, I didn't. I recruited #1 Hubby In Town to do the talking.) One more stop....Target Pharmacy for some much needed Mommy "nummy-nummy" (a.k.a. medicine). Which leads us to round two of Garrett desperately needing me to chit-chat about every product shelved at his little eye level. Poor little guy. Can't a brother catch a break?

Headed home after that, tried to find a healthy yet calcium free lunch for the little man and something, anything for Mommy. And then, lo and behold, my knight and shining armor came home!! Garrett and I both ran to the door and threw our arms around him! My sweet, sweet husband agreed to work from home this afternoon so that both Garrett and I could catch some zzz's. Lovely for me, huh? Isn't he just the greatest catch? I dare say, "Yes!!" Special thanks go out to DeeDee and Poppa for training him well!

Not much else....a visit to the park for Garrett and the old "Mommy ain't cooking so let's go to Wendy's" trick. Kenny and Garrett watering the plants, about to get ready for bath and bed, and then I'm off to TV-wonderland....Dancing with the Stars and the Bachelor. Or maybe we'll catch the DVR version of another not-so-hip but we-love-it show. I know, I know. Pitiful TV habits but what's a girl, a sick girl with no voice, to do on a Monday night? (I am secretly wishing I could catch up with some friends via the phone....actually I am having conversation withdrawals....note, best buddy has been out of town since Thursday...girl, we gotta catch up!)

So, I am praying these wonder drugs kick in and my voice will be up and running for the delayed start of Potty Training Day One. It's gotta happen tomorrow. Voice or no voice. Right?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Type A? Try Type A+! But that's why we love you so. Hope you're feeling better. I do have to say that I think you have quite a catch with that hubby of yours!! I have LFO's Summertime Girls on my IPod and I think of the two of you everytime I workout! Talk to you soon...Julie
PS..Noel loves her surprise! Thanks so much. That will be for Sunday school :)