Another reason I thought this week just might be the week to start our blog is because Garrett and I are going into hibernation. Literally. Tomorrow marks the start for "Potty Training Week" and Garrett and I plan to stay home, not go anywhere and get this stuff down. Due to our hibernation, I know there are many grandparents going into mourning and I thought this little blog might provide a daily glimpse into the little man's happenings.
On that note, I will gladly accept anyone's potty training pointers, especially from the mommies of little boys! I think we are set. Underwear, lot's and lot's of underwear - check. Pull-ups for naps and nighttime - check. Stickers and sticker charts - check. Skittles - check. Gummies - check. Scented stamps - check. Special handsoap - check. Little potty and big potty seats - check. Carpet cleaning supplies - check. Potty picture books - check. Special juice boxes for ammunition - check. WHAT ELSE COULD THERE BE PEOPLE?
Switching gears altogether, today has been a special and fun "Mommy
After our venture to Ritzy's, we headed over to our neighbor's house for a 2 yr. old birthday party. Garrett kept insisting, "No, it is MINE birthday party, Mommy." During the drive over to said birthday party, Garrett and I reviewed and listed and creatively came up with "nice words" and "nice hands" that he could use. You have to understand that Garrett and said Birthday Boy have this love-hate relationship going on. They both cannot wait to see one another and typically greet one another with a hug so huge that tumbles them both to the ground. But then it usually goes downhill from there. And I must say that it is usually my child dragging said Birthday Boy to the ground with his hitting, pushing and general tackling. So, you can understand my fear and apprehension as we approached said Birthday Boy's house. Deep breath in. I can do this. I will more than likely have to drag Mr. G home kicking and screaming for beating up all the others. But it will be okay. Because this HAS to be a phase. This HAS to be a normal, strong-willed, two year old thing.
I am happy to report that Garrett and said Birthday Boy got along FABULOUSLY! They hugged. They blew bubbles. They played on his awesome new backyard toy. They even danced to some music. People this is HUGE! Our times together with the boys typically lasts about 2 minutes and 30 seconds prior to the first brawl breaking out. It never did! (Now, that doesn't mean that my sweet, precious one didn't proceed to push or hit 3 other kids.) It was all a success to me!
After a nap together with some good "snuggle buggle" time, Garrett and I played a bit more of "Diego" and then headed off to "westeraunt" number two - Randy White's BBQ! It was like another date with my little man....we ordered, we sat, we ate, we got some more chocolate ice cream and then headed home with the windows rolled down jammin' to Blue's Clues music. (Yes, I know, it is pathetic to those of you without kiddos that I would actually jam to this music....you just watch and wait for your turn).
Once finally back at the casa, we played some more, Mr. G took his bath and waited anxiously for Daddy to arrive back home. Oops, must insert this story: Garrett proceeded to "shave" in the bath tub tonight like Daddy. He lathered up his sweet little cheeks with the cream and proudly shouted "I am like Daddy. I shave my whisk-uhs!" Gotta love it!
So, this is probably the world's longest and most boring post. I will try to keep it down next time. I just didn't want to leave any part of our precious day out. I worry that I will look back when Garrett is 12 and not be able to remember these precious days. Gotta get it on paper. Or a blog. Or somewhere.
3 comments:
HOORAY FOR THE WADES! i am elated. elated, i tell you. adding you to my nightly reading right. this. minute.
love it! and i can't get enough of your date today. what a catch. and trust me when i say i know how amazing each of those triumphs are/were.
hats off to you, sister!
Great job!! My advise about potty training... They will not go to Kindergarten in Pull-Ups, so if it takes a week, a month, or several, it is OK. I never even started with my boys until they were 3. So, good luck!! I'm linking you to my Blog right now. So happy you are doing this! Julie
Loved to photos and description of the day at the zoo! Must have an enlargment of the flamingo photo.
I am enjoying the Wade blog, and am so happy I figured out how to make comments.
Post a Comment