Thursday, October 16, 2008

Diapers = Tears

Oh, friends. I am a mess. Wanna know HOW I know? I cried this morning while picking out diapers for our future daughter.

I know. It's pitiful. My hormones are all FINE and yet these weird moments of emotions sneak up on me ALL. OF. THE. TIME. now.

I had a great coupon for some diapers and thought, heck, it can't hurt to start stocking up slowly now. As I grabbed the diapers and bent down to put them in the buggy, I could smell that baby smell. And that's when it hit me: I am buying these for a baby. A specific baby. Named Ellie. Who lives in Africa. But will one day live here. In my house. And will need to be diapered.

Sometimes I just cannot believe it is really true. That I am going to be a momma to another little one. That after a year or so of infertility issues and about 3 years of deciding HOW to get to child #2, it's all coming together. I am really going to be a momma, again.

And so, yes, I got all teary over two packages of diapers. Hmm. Looks like I'll need to also start stocking up on Kleenex for the journey ahead!

4 comments:

D said...

I have maybe teared up this week...oh...say...maybe 134 times?

Linsey said...

You are so sweet!

Kristen said...

I am SO excited that you get to start buying diapers for precious Ellie. Just think - it sure beats crying on the diaper aisle because you don't have anyone to buy diapers for! :)

Love you!

Marcia Michele said...

I wish more mothers recognized how wonderful it is to get to buy diapers for someone. There should have to be a permanent tissue dispenser in the diaper aisle.