Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It all pertains to Africa.....

This will be a quick post....just wanted to share that we have still not received a court date but did hear from our social worker today. She stated that a bit more paperwork was needed by the government agency in Africa (and was submitted already) and that we should hopefully (but not to get too excited) hear something back from the orphanage director by the end of this week or early next week.

Again, people, that's not a promise of news....so peeps, I'll call or post when I know more and not a minute later!

Two other side notes:

1. Our friends leave TOMORROW to travel to Africa and meet their beautiful Ella!!! And, well, technically, they'll be meeting our future daughter, too, and delivering our love packages (clothes, jammies, toys, voice recorder of Kenny & Garrett singing to her and me reading to her and so much more). You will be in our prayers guys!!!

2. Today I had to do the dreaded, dum-dum-dum, blood work that I typically pass out from and let me just say, I was. not. thrilled. Then in walks one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen from our daughter's birthplace. I immediately burst into crocodile tears. Crazy. I know. But people, she was the closest resemblance I had to my sweet Ellie today. She bent down and hugged on me like crazy cakes. Kenny and I had a chance to show her our daughter's pictures and hear about her view birth land and oh my, we hugged again as we parted ways.

Anyway, off to bed and all for now!

4 comments:

D said...

We will be hugging on your sweet Ellie and telling her what awesome parents she has waiting for her - and big brother, too! We'll get lots of photos!!! We will miss you all!

Kristen said...

Stop it! I was already crying from D & A's blog, now I'm sobbing...

See - God is so good! He sent you just what you needed when you needed it. That woman may have been hugging you, but those were hugs directly from God.

I love you, Friend.

sharon said...

How amazing! And to think you are about to have wonderful people loving on Ellie and bringing you pictures and video of her!! I think I cry every day when I think about all that is happening with all of us! God is amazing!

Cyndi said...

God is so, so good!!! I'm not exaggerating when I say that for a time this summer I had "divine appointments" with E-ians every other day or so. Just when I needed it most! I can just imagine that precious woman and how she blessed you. {{{hug}}}