Lately my mind drifts to what our sweet baby girl is up to in Africa...is she well, is she loved on, is she, is she, is she? Eventually I start to panic but the reality is her care is out of my control. Ah, control. I like to have it. God is teaching me it's not mine to have. It's His.
While driving the past two days I have heard this song which refreshed my memory with the fact that our sweet girl and my sweet boy are not "mine". They are God's and He has control over their lives. I can stop trying to "gain" control over there lives as a parent (I do not mean bossing them at all times, simply worrying about their care, their well-being). It was never mine and never will be. God has simply allowed me to parent them while here on Earth - not forever.
2 comments:
We LOVE that song. "Every child in Africa is Yours..."
When you really think about it, it's such a relief to know that we arent in control! That means that our mistakes cannot thwart God's plan. Heaven help all children if we were totally in control. On a side note, you inspire me
Post a Comment