For some odd reason that I cannot even remember now, Garrett and I had the giggles. And the sweet talks going on. At one point while sandwiched in between us, Garrett began saying the sweetest things that made me, as a parent, want to freeze him immediately. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this little boy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rare moments when all is calm and he speaks right from his heart. I hope this type of openness in our relationship never goes away. I want him to always want to "snuggle buggle" (that's the term he coined at two for snuggling) with me. But, I know, the day will come sooner than later that it's either not cool or not appropriate. See why I want to freeze him?
Oh, yes. The pictures. That was the whole point of posting....we got so tickled that Kenny ran to grab the camera and capture our sweet, unexpected night in pictures. Which brought a whole new round of laughter as we pretended to sleep!
As things settled down and the boys drifted off to sweet dreams, I began to miss someone I've never even met and began to wonder what spot would be hers in the bed on nights like this one. I began to wonder what we will look like as a family of four. I began to wonder if Ellie will like to "snuggle buggle" or if she prefers her space. I began to wonder so many things....
3 comments:
Oh I love this post...please tell me Garrett is coming on Friday!
God has already thought about ALL of those things! He knows which spot is hers. He sees the family of four.
So sweet! Now I know why you were missing her so much (even more than normal) yesterday!
It might not be too long now and you'll know all those answers!!! I can't wait for you to get to discover all those wonderful things about her day by day!
Post a Comment