Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tee-Tee (yes, I just labeled my post "tee-tee")

This afternoon Garrett was happily playing with his Diego "rescue center" and animals when he began telling me that some of the animals were "tee-teeing" all over the floor (our little doggy had an accident yesterday, hence, the basis for the pretend tee-tee play). I kinda ignored this talk and chalked it up to boys being this way. When he continued to say it over and over again, this is how the conversation went:

M: Buddy, let's not talk about tee-teeing unless you are in the bathroom or there is a problem with your tee-tee.

G: Why?

M: Well, because it's kinda yucky. Disgusting. And private.

G: Why?

M: Because, buddy, we don't talk about our tee-tee. It's not good manners.

G: Oh, does it say that?

M: Who? Where?

G: In the Bible, does it say that in the rules of the Bible? No talkin' about tee-tee?

SO FUNNY, that little mister!! We have been having lots of conversations in our home lately about good, kind and polite choices...and not just the "we don't do it" but now explaining the why. Obviously, for some of our explanations, we trace the logistics back to the Bible. Just not everything....I don't really recall tee-tee etiquette being anywhere in the Bible....but maybe I'm wrong!

3 comments:

D said...

I do remember lots of "Thees" but not "tees."

Cyndi said...

Okay, so we had to have a "tee-tee" chat around here with my sweet 12 year old "little mister." Seems the Amharic word for "tee-tee" is "shint." SO, it's DOUBLE-fun to say. LOL

Heather Nicole said...

So funny! You must be in stitches every day!!!