Afternoons around our home have suddenly changed. The little mister has boldly declared in his oh-so-I'm-almost-four voice that napping is just not for him. So, our deal is that each day we snuggle up in his bed at 1 pm to read 20-30 minutes, then he is to lay down and rest/look at books/listen to music until 2 pm at which time he can get up and have "quiet play time" until 3 pm in his room. The deal also denotes that the only reason the little dude shall come out of his room is to potty.
Well, the past few weeks have been a 50/50 shot as to whether or not he'll fall asleep. The past 5 or so days have not ended in sleep. Which, is okay. Because the little mister then actually falls asleep quickly at bed time and sleeps a full twelve hours.
I digress from the original plan in writing this post....
Today's afternoon of rest has not ended in slumber. It has resulted in the hysterical laughing by this said Momma because after much back and forth reasoning and choice giving between the little dude and said self, I was delivered this statement:
"MOMMY!! You need to get a NEW attitude!!"
Say, what??? I was not upset or yelling or anything. I merely was giving out choices and instead of telling me that I needed to give NEW or DIFFERENT options instead of quiet play time, I was told to change the 'tude. Guess someone has been hearing a lot of that verbage lately.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
he IS a funny one, that little man...
HOW FUNNY! He never stops cracking me up!
That is hilarious. That's true of THIS mommy at any given moment, I tell ya. LOL
Post a Comment