Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Adoption (or lack thereof) Update



Garrett has been VERY interested in involving his pretend Baby E in our everyday tasks. He is always the one to bring her out and tell us what she needs or what she is doing. Yesterday I was getting out Garrett's baby bedding to sell (gotta make room, people!) and he set the bumper up into his own play area. Of course, he said that Baby E needed to be in, too. In the above picture he was getting her all dressed and telling her just what he was doing...."snap, snap go your clothes, E....don't worry E, I will get you dressed".... so cute!

No update on the adoption front .... our case worker is currently IN Africa, IN the orphanage and IN the midst of all of the precious little ones. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around what she is seeing and doing right this minute. Blows my mind. Lucky lady!


Back to our update...back in early June our case worker told us to expect a referral sometime "in the next three months" which would put us in mid-September. Strange thing is, as much as I am ready to be a momma to another little one, I am TOTALLY enjoying this time of preparing for her. While I would of course be giddy for a match with a child, I honestly don't want it too soon because courts don't re-open in Africa until October which would mean we probably wouldn't get a court date until November-ish putting travel December-ish (all estimates, will probably be longer??). All that to say, I am guarding my heart as I don't want to sit and look at a picture of our child and not be able to bring her home for a really long time. Make sense? Clear as mud?

So, we are waiting....and happily, I might add!

7 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

Garrett is too cute for words! This "waiting" time is good for him too. GIves him the opportunity to prepare his little heart for his sister. He is going to do great! I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees her in person for the first time. Makes me tear up thinking about it.

We love you guys!!!

D said...

"All that to say, I am guarding my heart as I don't want to sit and look at a picture of our child and not be able to bring her home for a really long time. Make sense?"

Boy do we understand!! Looking forward to seeing you all Friday!

Linsey said...

Thanks for the update!

Kristen said...

Garrett is precious! I can't believe how much he is changing throughout this process. He is going to be such a sweet, loving big brother. Who knew? LOL!

derrickandamy said...

Glad all is going well! Garrett is so cute. I am sure that he will make a great big brother! Praying for His time...~Amy

jordan said...

hey, didn't know where else to post this...

i pulled up to my church this afternoon for rehearsal and my guitar player, vince walks up to my car with one of your shirts on. love it!

Cyndi said...

What a precious picture! And a sweet big brother!

Yes, the waiting changes with a picture. You are very, very wise. :)

I'll be sure to not show you any pictures in a few weeks when we get back... ;)