Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mission: Celebrate Birthday #4

Since March Garrett has insisted that we have a "puppy dog" themed party for his birthday this year. I racked my brain for months trying to think of an appropriate, fun and cute idea. None came to mind. Garrett suggested all his friends bring their dogs to our house. Nope. Not gonna happen. Then Garrett suggested we all meet at a park with our dogs. Except that his birthday is in the scorching month of August and we'd all sweat to pieces. Finally, we agreed on going to Build-a-Bear where each child could "build" their very own puppy dog to take home.
First, all of the guests met in the food court area for specially requested "puppy dog cupcakes" (because the birthday boy would only have cupcakes) and ice cream followed by gifts. Oh, and Ms. Neighbor was so kind that she painted the kiddos faces like puppies (if they wanted - Garrett did not want it although he had originally liked the idea).

Then, once the eating and opening and painting was complete, we all walked down to Build-a-Bear.....

It was such a fun day and we knew it was a hit with Garrett when on the way back to the car he looked up at me and said, "Oh, Mommy. I had so much fun IN my party!" And that was the goal - mission "Celebrate Birthday #4" accomplished!

4 comments:

c said...

I cannot believe Garrett is 4, where has all the time gone! He is so cute and it looks like y''all had so much fun. Hope you had a great birthday Garrett!

D said...

What an awesome birthday party!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! I have a little boy who is four and a big boy who is seven! They are waiting to get a baby sister from Africa, too!! It looks like you had a great birthday!! We hope you have a great year number four!!
Sharon Felton

Jill, I hope we can meet some day soon! I'm so sorry we missed the African meal. Ih ope we can do it again soon!
Sharon

Cyndi said...

SO much fun!! We used to love Build A Bear! And that's the "gift that keeps on giving" because for rewards for behavior, etc. you can go back and get outfits. Fun! He is so adorable!!