Plans have changed (pesky paperwork - it's common - no worries) and our new estimated travel dates are March 27th - April 5th! I am not freaking out or too disappointed with this delay but someones Daddy is about to come unglued....he can't wait to wrap his arms around a sweet little girl. Kenny is not a man of many words but I can tell, just tell, that he is more than ready to meet his daughter. Can't blame him.
One of the very first thoughts I had when meeting Ellie Tsion was "Oh my, she is going to love her Daddy, and he is going to be smitten with her". Over and over again when I would see her those four days, my mind would return to Kenny's relationship with her. I cannot wait to see the two of them together. I cannot wait to see how he softens and melts right before my very eyes as this precious, perfect little girl grabs a hold of his finger and smiles with her mouth and big, big eyes.
I have been blessed by an amazing father and know what a gift it is for a daughter to grow up with a father like him. A father sets the stage in so many ways for his daughter's life. I have no doubt Kenny will give that same gift my father gave me to Ellie Tsion. To say "I can't wait to see it all unfold" is an understatement.
3 comments:
AWW So Sweet! And yes those girls get their Daddy's hearts right away! I have to say that I am so very happy for you both! As an adoptee myself, it always warms my heart to hear of someone else passing along the wonderful gift of being a parent! I hope to pass it along and adopt myself at some point, even though I was totally blessed to have 2 precious little ones myself. I hope you enjoy every moment and I can't wait to see/hear all about it on here! CONGRATS!
Anna,
Okay, your comment was JUST what I needed today! How did I not remember this about you? I always love to hear adult-adoptees tell me of their positive experiences - it's such an encouragement! Thank you!
Jill
There is something special about a little girl and her Daddy...I see it in my own house. Melting hearts everywhere. I am so happy for all of you!
Post a Comment