Friday, March 20, 2009

A Total Change of Plans...And Then Some!

Today is already a better day. I have showered, put on make-up, fixed my hair and gotten dressed. I have a fresh perspective about how the next month will play out. I still have no idea how a bazillion things will get accomplished. BUT. I know that God is in control. He knows exactly how the next month will play out. He is good. All the time. Even when it feels like EVERYTHING, the biggest things, are cruddy.

Here's the scoop (I typically don't share so many personal details on our blog but it all pertains to our adoption - so here goes nothing):

1. I have gall stones and liver issues, and I will be having surgery soon to remove my gall bladder and biopsy my liver.
2. I am no longer able to travel to Ethiopia in the next month to bring home our daughter.
3. Kenny will now be going without me (and Garrett) to Ethiopia to bring home our little girl.
4. We are trying to find someone to travel with him for support.

Everything feels so out of control and yet, I know, know in my head that it will all work out. It always does. Maybe not in the way I want it to and maybe not on the time line I have in my head. But it will. Now I just need to keep my heart on board with that idea. This morning I am confident...confident that the God I serve on happy days is still the God I serve on sad ones like these.

Because HE is in control. And will bind up my broken heart. He always has. And always will.

6 comments:

sharon said...

I love you Jill and know God is strong enough for both of you. I also know God is sad, too, but sees some amazing things ahead for all of you! You are wonderful and amazing.
Sharon

D said...

You've got a great attitude. God is good. Hang in there.

Cyndi said...

I just now read your blog post. Oh my goodness. Just, oh my goodness. I'm so sorry about all of this, but I am sitting here being absolutely astounded at God's sovereignty... that you already went, so it won't complicate the visa process Kenny can go get her and you don't have to wait even longer for her to join her family. Oh my! You had no way of knowing all those weeks ago when you were debating going that it would actually enable her to be in your arms sooner than she would have! I am so, so sorry about your physical issues, which I am absolutely convinced are part of the enemy's plan. Oh what victory is in store when sweet Ellie is here, sooner than she would've been because you listened to the Holy Spirit's prompting and went back in January, and you will be on your way to being healthier than ever!! I have already been thanking God in advance for the great and mighty things He is going to do in the coming weeks, and praying for how He is going to lay out every detail. You are an incredible woman, wife, mom, and sister in Christ. I am in awe of what our great God is doing in your family right now. What an incredible testimony to His grace. And He has heaps more of it in store for you in the days ahead. {{{hugs}}}

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Cor. 9:8

We love y'all!!!

Kristen said...

I second all of Cyndi's comments!

Jennifer said...

Just praying for you tonight and wanted you to know. When is your surgery?

Jill said...

Thanks to all of you for lifting me up in prayer! Surgery is tomorrow (Thursday)at noon. I am ready to get this show on the road! God has been more than merciful to me during this time, and I know He'll continue to be my sense of peace tomorrow.