We've had the crib and changing table (still in the boxes) sitting in the guest room for about a month now but finally decided to open them up! Kenny got ready to put them together and surprisingly, Garrett wanted to help. Garrett followed Kenny around checking out each detail of the crib and changing table. He even went as far as to get out the baby doll we had gotten and pretended to be taking care of his new baby sister.
Needless to say, Kenny and I were both shocked. Shocked because Garrett has not really been a fan of babies or small children in the past. But boy-howdy! He loved on his baby sister, put her to bed, got her up from bed, changed her diaper and even requested a bottle and passy for her (because you know, she was hungry and fussy). It is so much fun to see G pretending and preparing his own little heart for a sibling! And, we know, we know, this act may not continue once she's here, but here's hoping!
And, as a side note, today while waiting in the drive through line at the dry cleaners, Garrett looked over to the do-it-yourself car wash across the street. He saw a daddy and his two boys washing their car. Immediately he said, "Mommy, they have BROWN skin. We have WHITE skin. Baby E will have brown skin like them. That will be SOOOO beautiful!".....I melted and teared up.
PS - Not everything you see stays....the brown walls are going and those cushions on the rocker, too!
6 comments:
A few things:
First: we do have very similar tastes...we have the same crib for our Baby E!
Second: what a great comment from Garrett! Wow! What a great job you two are doing.
Third: I'm trying to hang in there waiting on court dates but it's not going well today. Ugh is right.
Fourth: Congrats! The amount of money you're needing to raise continues to drop! Awesome!
Garrett is so sweet!
I can't wait to see what else you do in her room!
That is so great! Can't wait to see more girly stuff!
So happy that you are starting the attachment process. I know/understand how important that is. Can't wait to see the room all done. What a lucky little girl!
How fun!! Can't wait to see the finished product, and that little girl too!!! Glad you guys had a fun 4th.~Amy
Hi! I'm Christy, Rob-from-work's wife. What a sweet story about Garrett! He's going to be such a great big brother! I love watching how our two love each other. It will continue to melt your heart. Did Rob tell Kenny we're expecting a third? (And discussing adoption as well, only discussing!) --Christy Saenz
Post a Comment