I've had so much on my mind lately! I must look like a zombie walking around when people see me because I am constantly circling through my to-do lists, people on my heart and so on. Here is a little glimpse of what's running through my mind:
1. My sweet friend Julie posted
this the other day which really got me thinking. I've always thought "garbage in, garbage out" but when it comes right down to it, I filter so much for my son but don't do quite as good of job for myself. So, sadly, I am going to cut out several of my favorite t.v. shows because a) my time could be put to much better use and b) they ever so slightly fill my heart with things that don't align with my beliefs (you can see in her comment section what shows I am letting go of).
2. And on the another friend front, my dear, sweet friend, Ms. Neighbor is truly a great friend! When we moved to this neighborhood I really did pray that God would bless me with friends within our neighborhood and families we could have friendships with - and He did! Ms. Neighbor (aka: Kristie) is always there to lend a helping hand with an egg or a stick of butter or a glue stick. That girl is so prepared! But she also is one of the best listener's I've ever met. And, to top it all off, she's the kind of friend who will call you at 4 a.m. to make sure you heard the tornado sirens going off - yes, she really did! So, thanks, Ms. Neighbor for being such a great friend!
3. Kenny's grandpa is quite ill. It's so hard to see your family sick and it's honestly, for me, even harder to watch our parents care for their sick parents. I can almost see their hearts breaking. If you get a chance, pray for Kenny's sweet Daddaw.
4. Last week we had a the most incredible opportunity to go down to our
adoption agency and meet with the couple who oversees our future child's orphanage/aka: baby home. It was the most surreal time I've had in a very long time. I walked into the room to meet this couple, and I immediately choked up with tears. Their faces are some of the most joyful I've ever seen. Their love for the Lord is more than rare. Their passion for caring for the people of their country is down right amazing - they care for not only the orphans in the home but care for people through churches, schools, clinics and so on. I sat in awe as I witnessed God's mighty hand working through two obedient and willing servants. I wept as I realized the magnitude of their work. I wept as they prayed over us and confirmed, in ways I really cannot express, that we, too, are doing exactly what God has called our family to do. This decision to adopt was not one taken lightly. Satan has set many stumbling blocks in our path. Even to this day I have doubts flood my mind through various avenues and yet, as this man prayed, he shot down each of those doubts, one by one. I am beyond honored to have met this couple and beyond grateful for the provision they are providing for our future child.

5. This dossier thing is kicking my rear end! The dossier is a group of documents that need to be gathered (in quite a particular way) and then notarized, certified by the secretary of state, Department of State and authenticated by the country Embassy/Consulate. While none of the work involves great thinking, it does involve precise actions (refer to us only by our full name, only legible signatures - try getting YOUR doctor to do that, sign only in blue, etc). We feel bad asking people to get things done for us when they are super busy to begin with, but to then add the burden of being so picky - ahh! But, it is all worth the time and hassle to bring home our next child! Thank you to those of you who are making this happen!
6. The sweet little darling already in our home is just getting sweeter and sweeter! As Garrett gets closer and closer to turning four, he is maturing and changing so much! He now says to me when going potty "Mommy, cwose the du-uh, I need pwi-va-see!" Really? Really?
I think that's all for now. I need to go put dinner in the crock pot. And rest a bit. This getting up at 4 a.m. for a tornado bit just isn't my cup of tea!
5 comments:
Sometimes it seems like there are so many things to juggle and our hearts are a mess. It's even harder when we try to maintain an appearance of having it all together. I will be praying for the peace that passes all understanding as you are going through this season. What a joy it will be to meet the newest Wade!~amy
Jill I am so with you on the t.v. viewing! I had cut a few shows a year or so ago, but there are so many more that I could remove. Thanks for sharing your friend's post! Pretty convicting!!
Jill...great post!
Aren't the "Baby Home People" incredible? I feel so honored to be able to adopt a child from their ministry!
Are you going to the Interracial Adoption Seminar Buckner is having this Saturday? I hope so...Amy and I are there and hope to sit by two of our favorite people!
Also...we can give you some pointers for the authentication stuff...it was the most daunting part of the dossier!
Jill,
What a great post! I agree with Heather and loved the link you posted. I've thought about that for years and have significantly narrowed what we view. A few years ago the verse in Proverbs that says the "company of fools suffers harm" really hit home with me. I think, honestly, we are in the company of fools much of the time in the media.
Great picture of y'all with G and T!! Wasn't that INCREDIBLE??? God is so good to send them right when we're so bogged down in all of this paperwork. I left so refreshed and focused, and like you, affirmed.
We're praying for y'all. :)
Just came across your blog through Heather's. Love the blog, love the storie, love the t-shirts (that's originally why I came to the blog). Can't wait for your baby to come home...we are also waiting on baby (baby number 3..first through adoption).
Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Sunny
Post a Comment