Garrett has been up to the usual. Still likes to wake up, not put on any clothes, would really like to wear his pj's all day. Even to "Taw-get st-uh". BUT. On Monday he WANTED to get dressed. Because he saw me cooking breakfast in the kitchen (yes, something more than just eggos, toast or oatmeal) and immediately shouted:
"I need my apron. It is in my closet, Mommy."
"Um, no buddy. It is in the pantry. I'll get it for you."
"No! No! NOOOOO! It is in my closet."
Bewildered, I followed him to his closet and he, while jumping up and down mind you, picked out his overalls. "MY APRON!!" he proclaimed. I laughed so hard it took me a while to correct him that these were his overalls (that he has worn once after the season I bought them to go with this super cute plaid shirt. And now the apron is too small and I really should have packed it away once the heat wave began).
So, like a good mommy who let's her son be "himself" when it comes to clothes, I helped him put on the apron and then held him up to pick out a shirt. And oh, dear Lord. Let's just say that the shirt he picked out was a really cute Easter outfit shirt that had the most adorable argyle vest to go over it. But since the vest just wouldn't really fit under the apron it caused the most country bumpkin effect I've seen in a long time. And to top the outfit off, the little man picked out his signature shoes: mismatched Crocs or "opposite shoes" as he would say. When all was said and done, I couldn't help but giggle until the cows on this farmer's farm came home:
Wasn't really planning to leave the house so it didn't matter to me. Then I remembered we DID have places to be. So, in an effort to get up and out of the house quickly, I let him stay in the farmer get-up. Before leaving we did go out to check the mail and our neighbor, Ms. Fashion herself, and her little boy were out in their yard. Perfect.
Our errands did not consist of too much. Other than the giggles and stares. And finally we met Daddy for lunch at Chili's. As Garrett ran over to Daddy screaming his name with glee, I thought that again, Daddy just might have a fashion-induced heart attack. He did not. But he did give Mommy a few "What in the world" and "Why did you let this happen" looks. It's good for him. Daddy that is. Builds character. And prepares him for those teenage years when G-man might come home with piercings and green hair. (Alright, I give Daddy a hard time....he really doesn't mind. I don't think. He's madly in love with this little man.)
So, dear Mimi. We hope this little post on this little blog with help you get a "Garrett Fix" even though you are thousands of miles away. I'll do better over the next few days, promise!
4 comments:
so so funny! I think he loves to march to the beat of his own drummer... which i LOVE about him!
I thought you wrote these blog for me, so that I know I'm not the only one with a crazy boy! Oh well, I'll pretend that you do. My children HAVE to match...it's an obsession with them. Sometimes I wish they'd be more free, but they are all straight-laced just like their parents :) See you soon.
Yee-Haw....He might be an Aggie Yet. Gig'Em G-man! - Amy
Blasphemy! There will be NO aggies in this household... :)
Post a Comment