Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hoping for the Best

Well, there is little to no hope of me posting the rest of our Christmas in pictures. I am totally not motivated to sort through pictures right now...lazy, yes, but I'm just not gonna do it. I think it is because I psyched myself up just to get through the holidays and now that they are done, I have moved on to my other projects. Like preparing for Ms. Ellie...

Our court date (January 27th...actually, it will be in the wee hours of the morning while we sleep....who am I kidding....while YOU sleep, I will not) is fast approaching! Garrett and I made a little countdown chart a few weeks ago and when I first looked at it, I thought that we'd NEVER get down to the single digits. BUT, we are 11 days and counting (some beg to differ on my counting methods but trust me, 11 days). ELEVEN. The single digits are right around the corner!!!

Just for clarification:

1. We do not travel over to Africa for our court date. Our adoption agency representatives and attorney go on our behalf.

2. There is a good chance our court date could either be delayed or initially denied on the 27th. From what we have seen with other families, it is quite typical for the courts not to hold sessions on any given day for a variety of reasons...no electricity, judge not showing up, etc. And, from what we have unfortunately seen with other families is that the judge may hear our case but require further information before finalizing our adoption; doesn't mean our adoption is denied, just that it may take 2-3 (please Lord, no more) dates. The word in the adoption arena that just came through this week is that 30% of all cases require 1+ court date sessions. We've been told our case "looks favorable" but you just never know.

3. Once we do "pass" through court, our adoption is final and we can travel 3-4 weeks later. Right now we have flights tentatively on hold for February 20th-March 1st.

There are so many thoughts and emotions and to-do list swirling in my mind right now! So, if you don't "hear" from me for a while on this blog, you'll know it's because I'm busy just being a part of this process!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Hi....I just wanted to tell you that I found a shirt/onesie for my daughter's size at Carters......it's an elephant on the front named Elephant Ellie...too cute! I thought of you. There's a photo of it on my Carter's post!