Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Celebrating Christmas: Round Two-ish

The second day of celebrating Christmas 2008 entailed our annual family trip to the Gaylord to see Santa and all of the fun decorations/trains AND then celebrating with Kenny's extended family. I did a decent job of photographing the first part of the day but TOTALLY forgot to whip out my camera for the second. Here is the first half of the day in pictures:

We got in line early that morning before the doors opened near Santa's chair, and while we were waiting in line Santa snuck up behind us! Garrett (who is really not a shy or quiet child) got VERY quiet and even hid behind Kenny's legs. After Santa moved on to the next family, Garrett got giddy and his eyes lit up with excitement. He proceeded to tell us all about Santa!

I wish I had a digital picture of the actual "Seeing Santa" visit because it was even more priceless. No, I do not have a scanner. Yes, I am behind the technology of 2009. Yes, I hope to get one soon. Anywho, there were these LARGE decorative boxes on each side of Santa's chair and Garrett sat down on the edge opposite of Santa to chat with him. The picture is just priceless!!

This is Garrett's annual picture in the poinsettias. You can see from past pictures that he has grown, grown, grown. Tear.


Our little family in a sleigh....


A little candy cane action..

And, if you remember from various posts, Garrett is a big fan of benches...not sure why but here he is checkin' one out! I love that he never disappoints!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow - I can't believe how much he has grown in the last 2 years. Why does time go by so fast at times and so slow at others (like waiting for January 27th)

Debra said...

I have to tell you that you take the best pictures! I love the poinsetta photo! Garrett is too cute!