Well....yesterday was a roller coaster of a day for me! I woke up excited for the day, flipped on the news and pretty much stayed glued to the t.v. most of the day. I don't want to go all into it, but I was beyond thrilled to watch our new President take his oath. Garrett and I made a little popcorn picnic and took it all in.
Until the phone rang.
It was our social worker from our adoption agency and she didn't have good news. Our court date has now been pushed out to February 27th. That's right, another month of waiting. *IF* we pass court that day, the earliest we would now travel would be the later end of March.
Most people have asked us "WHY?" and the answer is really simple: the court system in this particular country of Africa is very overloaded and overwhelmed right now. They looked ahead to next week and realized there was no way they could process our case (and I'm sure others) and so reassigned us to another day. Doesn't make sense and isn't what we expect as Americans. But we are not at the mercy of the American government for this adoption. We are at the mercy of a government that does things in a way we don't understand.
Are we upset? Yes. Are we disappointed? Heck, yah. Heartbroken? Just a bit. Okay, now I'm lying. Totally heartbroken.
All we can say at this point is that our God is Sovereign and His plan to unite us with our little girl is better than what we could have planned for ourselves. While we are still sad, we know - KNOW - there is a reason for this delay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh friend. i am SO BUMMED right now and letting out audible sighs for you.
but again, as you said, God is sovereign and SO BIG. may not make any easier right now, but hopefully that knowledge brings you a peace like none other.
love you guys.
praying for you guys!
Post a Comment