Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sickies and Halle Berry Baby

Well, this week has gone downhill, kinda. Both boys (hubs and child) are sick. Kenny is NEVER sick but apparently has been hit by something. Garrett came down with the sniffles, watery eyes and fever right around lunch time. Luckily, he is now napping and hopefully will feel better soon. Kenny has gone to the doctor and hopefully he'll feel better soon, too! I, on the other hand, am ingesting as much echinacea and vitamin C as humanly possible!!

While all is quiet in the house, I am NOT being productive but instead gawking at some new pictures of Ellie. Our sweet friends who just arrived back home from Africa last week with their son, sent us some pictures yesterday. And, OH. MY. WORD. She's gorgeous. Beautiful. And looks so happy.

I cannot tell you how incredible it is to see your child, who is growing up and being cared for half way around the world, smiling. In some of the new pictures our friend, Luke, is holding her and she is just-a laughing and grinning and grabbing at him! For me to be able to see joy in her eyes is the best gift right now. Thank you guys for loving on our little girl even before you knew she was ours.

It was also really great to see that Ellie has gained weight in the new pictures. We currently have pictures of her at 5 1/2 months (and there she is itty-bitty), 6 1/2 months and now 7 1/2 months! In each set of pictures she has grown and put on some weight. Her little cheeks are even looking round (although I wouldn't call them chubby)!

I had the chance to show two of my friends Ellie's pictures (in person) this morning. The first one teared up and the second, well, she cried. I am not sure if that is because she is expecting her own little girl (preggers) or what, but it was so awesome to see their reactions to the newest member of our family. It is so comforting to know that the people who are part of our lives now already love our newest little peanut, too. Thanks, girls! Your excitement was so sweet!

Oh, and I cannot forget, the two friends mentioned above said the best description of our sweet Ellie's looks could be categorized as "Halle Berry Baby". Um, yes, yes. I would agree. Ellie *is* that beautiful. Am I a proud momma or what? Enough for today!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I concur! She is one GORGEOUS baby!