Friday, September 19, 2008

Baby Girl

We are overjoyed to share with those of you on this journey with us that today we received a referral of a seven month old little girl. While I cannot share too much identifying information with you on the web (hence, no pictures until after we pass court), I can say that she is beyond beautiful, appears to be perfectly healthy and maybe even a little sassy! She is an itty-bitty (and hence I've already nicknamed her "Bitty Baby") thing with large brown eyes that totally grab your heart right out of your chest. Her tiny little lips make me just want to eat her up with a spoon! So many of her expressions in her pictures remind me of Garrett as a baby - totally spunky and totally full of life! I shared this with the social worker (who was with our baby girl in August) and she replied with, "Yes, she has the potential to be a drama queen some day!".

We feel beyond blessed to be on this journey and quite honestly, cannot even begin to put words to the range of emotions we are experiencing as we take it all in. I'm sure there will be more to come in the days ahead!

PS: Her name will be unveiled soon - Daddy Wade is still making sure we have it perfected!!

5 comments:

Deb said...

That's amazing. Congratz! I hope you receive info on court very sooon so you can bring her home.

Heather Nicole said...

Sorry I was not giving you my full attention on the phone yesterday. Sammy was kind of freaking out. BUT, Jordan and I both are sooooooooo excited for you guys. "Bitty Baby" sounds absolutely gorgeous(like we knew she would be :)) and I can't wait to see her little face and start buying her things! Your wait is almost over now. We will be praying that the days/months ahead would move at record speed.

sharon said...

Jill! I am so excited for you all! I think my heart skipped a beat when I read that you were matched!! She sounds beautiful and perfect! I can't wait to meet her!
Sharon

Cyndi said...

We are beyond excited for your family-- all 4 of you!! I love how God is already knitting all of you together. God is so good!

Linsey said...

Congrats!!!!