Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Respite...



OK... so here's the deal, yo. Jill is out running errands, so I (Kenny) will be your guest blogger today. I only want to share a quick thought or two, and then I'll be done.



Sometimes life feels like this...




And sometimes I want to get away to this...





But you know what? Sometimes all that's needed is a quiet Saturday night with my wife, listening to Kate Walsh (yeah, do yourself a favor and click the link. Turn on your speakers, close your eyes, and enjoy). While she sewed, I read, and Garrett pretended to sleep.

Sometimes all that's needed is a Sunday morning at church where Garrett decides "I am going to go to my class today, because that is where I have fun at choi-ch." So while our little man took another big (no, HUGE) step in his little life, Jill and I were able to sit down together and listen to our pastor and be reminded by our experience and by the Holy Spirit why we love our church.

Sometimes all that's needed is lunch with my family at Randy Whites, Garrett sitting next to me NOT sharing his fries (especially not the Daddy-sized fries, 'cause you know... those are special) :), Jill sitting across from me, and my family enjoying a great lunch together.

As lunch was ending, and Garrett was working his way though an ice-cream cone while sitting in his mother's lap, I was reminded by God that while life may indeed feel like that first picture sometimes, and while I think what I REALLY need is to find a beach, turn on my ipod, and check out from life for awhile, in actuality I need something else. I need Him. I need my family. I need to love others like He loves me. I need to move CLOSER to life, not farther away from it.

2 comments:

derrickandamy said...

We are awesomely blessed with our husbands and our sweet kiddos. Hope things are going well for you guys. We miss you!
~Amy

life with the wisners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.