As we (Garrett and I) were driving to an appointment yesterday morning, Garrett proceeded to ask, interrogate, quiz and then repeat himself about anything and everything.
G: Mommy, why is the woad bumpy?
G: Mommy, why is that not our tuhn?
G:Mommy, how come we awe not going that way?
G: Mommy, can I play my Leapster?
G: Why not?
G: Why not?
G: How come?
G: How come?
You get the drift, right? I finally got to a breaking point (uh-huh and it was only 9 a.m.) and answered with the worst parenting answer ever:
M: Because I said so, buddy.
G: But, Mommy, why do you say so?
G: BECAUSE I am the Mommy. When you ask me a question and I tell you the answer, I need to you to believe that Mommy is telling you the truth and what I decide is to protect you and is best for you. And then, do not ask me again!
Silence.
G: Oh, Mommy. I am just full of questions!
I am so thankful for his cheery disposition (most days) because with that response, Garrett filled my heart with joy and I couldn't help but break out into laughter. Yes, yes indeed he is 3 years old and is supposed to be full of questions. I needed that reminder....I was reminded I am thankful he can speak, thankful his little mind is at work and thankful he is just who he is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment