Thursday, May 24, 2007

Running through my mind....










Okay, so it's been a while and I am sad to say that I have honestly tried to post several times. Actually, I have about 7 posts saved in my draft box that got started but never were finished due to virus-palooza over at the Wade house. Maybe I'll go back and finish them soon. Maybe.










So, in an effort to get something, anything posted, I am going to ramble through what's in my mind:










1. Hmm, what stands out the most in mind my mind? Oh, yes. That would be the two week plus virus that Garrett has been battling. Fever fest. Diaper ickies. Throwing up. There just isn't anything worse than to see your baby sick and feel so helpless. Someone really should have warned me. But, I'm happy to say that the little fellow has been fever free for almost 48 hours!! We are so excited. Cautiously excited.










2. On the other hand, Daddy-O and I have contracted pink eye. Apparently this strand of virus in kids can be transmitted to adults as pink eye. Again, someone (like our pediatrician or the lovely, grumpy nurse at said doctor's office who thinks I'm making all of this up) should have warned me. I have never had this lovely eye gunk. Not even in my 3+ years teaching 6 and 7 year old's. But, lo and behold, got it now. Counting down the minutes until these blasted eye drops work. And by the way, Kenny thinks I'm as bad as Rachel on "Friends"...you see that episode? Huh-uh. Me to the nth degree.










3. Love all the rain but seriously, it is like spoon feeding the weeds in my front flower beds. Spent the morning picking 'em all out. Not my cup of tea. Grown up stuff. Go figure.










4. Did anyone notice that Andy from the bachelor still has it goin' on for Bevin? If I were Tessa I would have requested a "apart-at least-two feet-at-all-times mandate". And the sparkly cast? Who has time for that? Oh right. The woman without the kids. Also ever notice how put together those gals look on that show? I sat there watching this season secretly envying their perfect outfits with the perfect accessories and flawless make-up and long, not tangly or in a mommy-pony-tail hair. Geez.










5. Love me some Apollo Anton Ohno (SP??). I am so pumped he won! Actually, I think I liked his dance partner more. If she wasn't already engaged I just might have to hunt her down and convince her to marry my brother. She seems like such a fun gal. Am I corny or what?










6. Broke out our first watermelon of the season. Garrett first spotted them at our favorite Frisco store and immediately "neeeeded" one. Okay, for those of you with toddlers, do you hear this all of time? "Mommy, I NEEEED that. Mommy, I NEEED it NOW." Geez-um. We hear it all of the time. This time I agreed. We needed that 5 lb. seedless watermelon. It is delicious.












Yup, little stinker went ahead and bit right into it when I turned around to go get the camera. Oh well. That can be his virus infested slice. Kidding.











7. Today we celebrated Garrett's Adoption Day. For those of you out there who are thinking "Huh?" let me fill in the gap. Each year on the day Garrett's adoption was finalized (May 24th) we celebrate this blessing by doing ANYTHING fun that HE wants to do. Typically it's his favorite meal, favorite dessert, etc. During our last grocery store run, he spotted a rainbow cake. When asked what he wanted for his special adoption day dessert, he said, "The wainbow cake. At Tawget stuh." So, in the pouring rain we hustled out to Target store and obtained the infamous rainbow cake. Ate it BEFORE dinner. Garrett ate dinner on the "Special Plate".




The Rainbow Cake. And Daddy. Could the day get any better?





Yuppers. Didn't even bother to use a utensil. Just leaned over and bit in. See a pattern?









This is the "Special Plate" that I grew up using. Each time someone in the family had something special to celebrate or be proud of we got to eat on the plate. Sounds so cheesy but to this day I love getting to eat on the plate! Traditions. Gotta love them. Gotta pass them on.











8. Started acupuncture this week. LOVE IT. Can't wait for it to be the miracle drug I've been looking for. I actually left the place in the most euphoric trance. Like after you've had a massage or finished a yoga class. Can't wait to go back. You should try it, people.










9. I love that my son has things that he just adores. Like getting mail. His sweet Jess sent him some mail today. Thank you, Jess! He totally digs the apple card and watch. I love that you know what makes him tick. And go to the effort to make him tick. What would we do without you?





See the watch?






10. Looking forward to the weekend. Sleep. Sleep. And more sleep.










2 comments:

life with the wisners said...

thank you for the list. i love me a good list.

for the record, mommy ponytail hair is the best!

Julie said...

LOVE IT!! I too am behind on my blogs. Happy Adoption Day! I know what a blessing Garrett is to you and Kenny. It's so fun to see the two of you as Mom and Dad...the BEST job in the world!
Julie