Monday, June 29, 2009

Guess Who Got Some New Specs?

A few weeks ago Garrett's eye doctor came in town from Connecticut (yay for us - we didn't have to make the trip up north this year). We were so excited to learn that his eyes have "grown up" so much over the past year.... his depth perception used to be functioning at a 30% and now it is at 90%! AND, AND his astigmatism is completely gone! I was amazed as I watched Garrett go through over an hour of testing (the same as last year); I vividly remember how weak and clumsy he looked last year as he went through the testing. This year he appeared so strong and confident. It's amazing how much of a difference one year and some magical glasses can make!

Today the new specs came in the mail - doesn't he look handsome? I think so!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE the new glasses! I can't believe that was only a year ago - how much life has changed and he has grown up in a year...

I am SO excited - that is absolutely amazing!

Leah said...

So fun to find your blog...we met in February in Ethiopia...remember me??? I'm loving your family of four and I thankful that you made to ET and back with your beautiful daughter. Congrats and welcome home!