Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's All Coming Together

Today is the first day that I have allowed myself to get really, really excited.

I woke up this morning with my to-do list already written and ready to tackle the day. Chiropractor - check. Returns made - check. Comfy black shoes purchased - check. Lunch date with my two favorite boys - check. Pick up donations for the place we are staying - check. House sitter arrived - check.

And it's only 2:49 p.m.

Sure we have some minor packing still left to do, a bank run to make, a t.v. to install, paperwork to complete, and on and on and on. But, the majority of our sprint has been run.

And that's why I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and let myself fully feel these emotions. I have to continually tell myself it's okay to be THIS excited because it's really real. Two days from now we will be sitting in the airport, about to board the first of three flights towards Ethiopia.

I can smell the air there already. I can hear the chatter of Amharic and the animals making noises. I can feel the bumpy road beneath me that will ultimately lead our little family of three to that peach colored building that has been home to our little girl for so long. And in that moment that we walk up the stairs and peer into her pink room, it will have all been worth it.

5 comments:

life with the wisners said...

well, oh my.

so i'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. can't believe that it's here. all of the preparations. and the excitement. and the talk. and the more talk.

and now it's here.

i can't wait to hear your description of watching your two men catch a glimpse of her for the first time.

see? tears.

love you guys so much.

Maridee said...

so excited for you!

sharon said...

I just can't stop smiling! Be safe and know our prayers are whith all of you!

Cyndi said...

Yes, yes, YES!!! And, after you leave that peach colored house for the final time with her in your arms, the real journey will just be beginning. SOOOO exciting!!! We'll be praying for you guys with every breath while you are gone, and can't wait to see you when you get back!!! Love you!

D said...

AAAAHHHHHHH! I am just as excited as if I were going! (except I don't have to have jetlag!)

I am sooooo pumped and can't wait to see you at the airport! (not to rush the trip...enjoy it all!)