Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Happy Thanksgiving! I cannot believe that this holiday is already here....somehow this year has flown by! We are up, showered, breakfast eaten, parade being watched and so on before we are off to my dad's house to celebrate round 1 of 3 of Thanksgiving meals with family. But, before we go, I just wanted to post a little something on the thoughts/things rambling in my head and home today:

Garrett made this "Thankful Tree" over the past week or so. It started out with a brown tree base/branches and the leaves (hand prints) on top but as the week progressed he saw it fit that the leaves should fall down the tree just like they do in real life. Humph. Always wanting things just right. No idea where he gets that from. I digress. Some of the things Garrett has been most thankful for are (all in his words):

carrots
new pictures of Ellie
that God loves me
vitamins
chairs to sit on and eat our food
swings in our garage
that we have a trash can to put our trash in
that we have food to eat
a refrigerator to keep things cold

I have my own list of things I am especially grateful for this year and will list those in this book instead of blogging about them. At the top of my list, though, is my husband, son and future daughter. I am blessed beyond measure by the three of them even though not all of them are here today.

And speaking of the little cutie that's not here today but rather in Africa, I am hoping that she is feeling full of love, food and all things she needs! And, to help my heart feel a little bit closer to her on this day, we sent over a Thanksgiving care package (great idea from some friends) with some turkey pajamas, a small toy and a little fall sweater dress....take a look:

I am looking forward to celebrating today (and the next three days) with those I love and hope you are, too! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

D said...

I'm about to send you some more Thanksgiving surprises!

Kristen said...

I LOVE your thankfulness tree, especially the idea of using hands as the leaves. So cute!!!

I hope you guys had an awewsome Thanksgiving (and 2 more this weekend). The outfits for Ellie are so adorable - I'm sure they'll look precious on that pretty little baby girl of yours!

I'm thankful for YOU!