While we still have no news of a court date assignment, we did get a report today that our sweet Ellie T is growing, growing, growing! We had suspected that she hit a growth spurt after seeing 75+ pictures of her from our friends' trip to Africa in early November....but wow, she has grown!
She now weighs 18 pounds and is 27 1/2 inches long at 10 months of age. From what we can tell from the pictures, Ellie is also getting a bottom tooth, can sit up and looks as if she is learning the crawling stance (but no movement just yet)!
It's a little strange that I cannot track her exact growth or developmental milestones on a daily basis; with Garrett I had a great little calendar that we kept on the back of his closet door and each time something new or fun or big happened, we marked it. I pulled it out a few months ago and was amazed at how much I had forgotten about (sleepless nights do that to you).
And, I guess if I'm being honest, it really hasn't been awful or sad or anything of the like that I (we) am/are missing her "baby" stage. Sure, would we prefer to be with her from day one? Yes. Do we want her here now? Yes! But did we know going into this that we'd miss many "baby" milestones? Um, yes. Can I buy another calendar and track the second year of her life? Um, again, yes. There will be so many more "firsts" and "milestones" that we WILL get to witness and track and log onto a calendar.
I guess the bottom line is that it doesn't really matter what part of her life it is that we are missing....we just miss her. And want to close the gap between knowing of her and knowing her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What happens after you get a court day? Just wondering how much time you are looking at before she gets to be at home. Glad she looks good in the pictures and is growing like a baby should! Keep us posted!
Once we get a court date, we wait for it to get here and IF we "pass" the first time, we will travel about 3 weeks later to Africa as a family. So, right now our best guess (although no official word) is February-ish. WHO KNOWS!! We're quickly learning to be patient and flexible! ;)
Great post...I hope the knowledge that she is really being loved on can help ease the pain of separation some...but I understand how you feel. You will get there!
I agree, great post. And I do understand. And there are many wonderful "firsts" that you will experience together. "Firsts" and "milestones" are still special, whether in the second (or even 10th!) year. You are such a great mom!
Post a Comment