Hmm, seems I haven't been in the blogging mood lately (although I've been keeping up with reading others). But, as it has been more than two weeks since I last posted, let me see what I can come up with....oh, yes, we saw NEW pictures of our beautiful Ellie yesterday!
Our friends, David and Amy and Ella (how fun is that to say now!!) just got home from Africa and took over care packages for us to our little girl. Yesterday, David e-mailed us a handful of pictures of our daughter laying on the blanket we sent monogrammed with her African name, in one of the outfits/romper/pj-thingy's we had sent, and playing with one of the toys. It was a little hand-held toy....a cloth palm tree/rattle with a place on the leaves to insert pictures. I cannot even begin to describe the weird yet comforting feeling of seeing your soon-to-be-child touching something that you have touched.
Ellie looked happy, healthy - looks like she's gaining weight and turning into a chunky-monkey....yay - and as if her needs being met. What more could a mother (and father) ask for? Oh, maybe that her nails are trimmed neatly? Seriously! In one of the pictures of her chubby little hand up close, I could see that her nails were trimmed perfectly. I was so excited about that! Strange, I know. But in my mind, it means that not only are her basic needs being taken are of - so many more are too!
I think that's all for now...until I can get inspired again (or organize all the pictures from the past two weeks to post of our family fun)! Oh, wait....NO, we still have not been assigned a court date. Praying for one soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to see pictures! Will pray for the date to come soon!
Post a Comment