1. Thanksgiving: We had a really great series of Thanksgiving celebrations....3 in all! I think my favorite or most memorable thing from this Thanksgiving was making our "Thankful Tree" with Garrett and adding a leaf each day with what he was thankful for...it was quite comical!
Round One: The Wade's...we missed you soon-to-be Aunt Haley!
Round Two: The Freeman's...we missed you Stephanie!
Round Three: The Mayfield's (I never got a group picture so you get one that represents all of the commotion that typically takes place at Mimi and Poppy's house. That's G opening his 1st gift for Christmas.)
2. After stuffing ourselves at Thanksgiving, Santa brought us a little present early....ear infections and bronchitis. Actually, Daddy brought home the love from work, shared it oh-so-kindly with little man (who, had the most difficult time with it) and somehow, I only managed to be knocked down for a day or two. Because, after all, Momma's can't be sick.
3. Christmas Preparation: We always get so giddy at our house to pull down the deco's, put them up and yet somewhere about 2/3 of the way in, Kenny and I both look at each other in wonderment of WHY, OH WHY, do we do this each year? Which leads to a quick finish with what's in progress and x'ing out whatever hasn't been unpacked. Like the snow villages. Or the manager. Or the outdoor lights. It seems like something gets left out each year.
Decorating the Big Family Tree
Garrett Decorating His Little Tree
Garrett-the-Red-Nose-Reindeer...thanks, Jess, for the fun treat!
And, since I really don't want to over-tire my out-of-practice typing fingers, I will return tomorrow for round one of Christmas celebrations....to be continued!
No comments:
Post a Comment