Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall Whereabouts

Here's a recap - in a list version - of some of our fall whereabouts:

1. Pumpkin Patch: Usually, we visit 2-3 Pumpkin Patches each fall but this year we only managed one. We met up with Jess and Jordyn one weekday in October. We had visited this one in Flower Mound last year and it was amazing to see how different Garrett interacted with everything as a 3 year old vs. a 2 year old - little man is growing up!








2. In Touch with His Sole: Long gone are the days of multiple pairs of Crocs in our home. Crocs have been replaced by these shoes. Garrett now owns a pair in black and brown and cherishes them dearly. He even slept in one brown and one black during his nap a few weeks back. And I couldn't resist snapping a picture.




3. Trick or Treating at Daddy's Work: Garrett had a blast going Trick or Treating at Kenny's work this fall. I was so impressed that those people who sit in cubes all day long mulling over a square monitor and rarely interact with society and real issues took the time to spread the love Halloween style. AND, if you cannot read my tone in the last sentence, please know it was full of sarcasm and jest. I love to kid those computer nerds. Mainly because they have more knowledge in their little pinky toe than I have all together. At least computer knowledge. Because, you know, girlfriend IS street smart. I digress. Sorry.

4. Halloween Night: Garrett was SO excited about dressing up as a Spider. Not to be confused with Spider Man. I cannot recall how many times he bodly corrected people that he was "Ga-wet the Spid-uh" and "NOT Spid-uh Man". Kenny and I had so much fun watching him run from house to house and giggling with glee that people would actually give him candy. And he didn't even have to go potty for it. My favorite part of the night was when Garrett went up to a front door, knocked twice and then, when no one answered he delivered a monologue that went like this:


"Oh, I guess they won't answer. I must sing vem a song.


We aw he-uh to Twick or Tweat, Twick or Tweat

We aw he-uh to Twick or Tweat

Oh Happy Ha-wo-ween!"


All while swaying back and forth. Apparently the Little Einstein's taught my child this. And, I guess I am no longer above letting tv teach my child. Because it was the darndest, cutest, most innocent thing I've ever seen. At least on Halloween night.


And, that's all folks. This concludes the Fall/Halloween portion of said blog. Too bad it's 5 days into November before I gave the report. I have high hopes of being a better bloggy citizen in the next two holiday months to come.

1 comment:

derrickandamy said...

He is so cute... I am just as bad on the keeping up. Kati is due May 2, and Julie May 3.