Saturday, December 22, 2007

Celebrating Christmas: Round One

Last Saturday night we had our first night of celebrating Christmas with Brandon, Jess and Jordyn! They braved the cold weather and traveled to our house for dinner, presents and an attempt at making a gingerbread house. I'm finding it's much easier to tell stories through pictures, so here we go.....

This was one of Garrett's presents from Jess...his very own "buggy" like "the ones at Taw-get stuh"! He loved it so much and immediately took off into the playroom to stock up.

Ms. Jordyn opening her present....check out those pigtails! Could she be any cuter? And, I am so bummed that I did not get a picture of her feet - she had on the spunkiest pair of Ugg-looking boots that perfectly matched her lavender outfit. I oohed and ahhed over them all night!

I call this one "Three Kids in a Candy Shop"..... all three were trying to maneuver a candy-grabber machine from Granny Opal.

And this, my friends, was the saddest attempt ever at decorating a gingerbread house. I, in my naivety, bought one of the kits at a local store that literally read "Includes Everything You Need" on the box. Except mortar to hold the house together, patience for the parents and a sleeping pill to get the kiddos to sleep after eating the candy instead of decorating. And really, because someones counting, the candy wouldn't have stuck to the house even if the rock hard insta-icing would have kept the house stuck together. But it didn't and so no harm done. Other than the fact that the blue candies left G's teeth blue and green all through the next day and into our Christmas card picture session. If you got our card, you'll notice we didn't chose color - just black and white to soften the oh-so-fabulous look of colored toothies.

Any-who, it was so much fun to celebrate in a special way with our first round of family! And, let's hope that next year I will be a better prepared hostess and have our gingerbread house assembled and ready to go!

2 comments:

derrickandamy said...

What fun. I can not wait until Caroline "gets it." We got your Christmas card yesterday. BEAUTIFUL. Who did you use?
A

Jill said...

We used a photographer that contracts (I guess that's how it's said) with www.sugar-photography.com .... Janet is her name....you can see her blog at "Life with the Wisner's". Let me know if you'd like her contact information and prices.