Sunday, August 12, 2007

No Room at the Inn

Last night we took a leisurely little jaunt down to the local frozen custard place. It has become a favorite of the boys, especially if Mama has had a long, tiring day. But, every now and again I will go along for company. Not for ice cream. Yep. You read that right. I don't like ice cream.

Anywho, last night we all went down to Double Dip which has an oh-so-fabulous small town charm to it. After ordering and getting our treats, we sat on the park benches to just "be". It really is a great place to just sit and eat, usually in silence, and enjoy watching all of the other families and kiddos soaking in summer nights.

Because I was not partaking in the frozen custard happiness, I had a bit more time to talk OR speak on behalf of the rambling thoughts in my head. So, I asked Garrett, "Hey Buddy, what do you think about having a little brother or sister?" To which he answered, "NO!" And I said, "Why not, buddy?" To which he said, "Mama, the-uh is not woom in ow-uh house for a baby. Only woom for Mommy, Daddy and Gawett."

Apparently there is no room in our inn. Or at least in the measuring standards of his royal highness.

2 comments:

derrickandamy said...

Well there you go....

Julie said...

Yup...now if the message could only get to your heart. Praying that you get what God wants. (I think he wants you to have one from every nation!!--Don't tell Kenny :) )
J