Instead, I'm going to post some pictures of what I was doing one year ago today - IN ETHIOPIA!
I'll never forget....I was at home watching President Obama's inauguration and the phone rang. It was our social worker which struck me as odd because our court date wasn't for another week. But, she called with bad news - our court date had been delayed at least another month. And, even that wasn't a promise we would "pass" court and be able to travel anytime soon.
So, on that dreary Tuesday morning after I dried my tears and composed myself somewhat, I picked up the phone and called a friend. I knew her husband was leaving in THREE DAYS to go to Ethiopia along with many other US citizens on a leadership trip. Originally I had planned to send a care package with him for Ellie but instead asked if there were any spots open on the leadership trip he was going on. While the trip included a group of leaders from all over the country and was mostly full, they DID have room for another female.
After checking with our adoption agency, seeing if I could get a reasonably priced ticket and last immunizations and praying about it, Kenny and I decided that if one of us could go, we should. And since I don't have to take off from "work", we thought it was best for me to go. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. So, within three days, I packed myself up to board three flights towards my daughter in Ethiopia.
And, boy, was it ever worth it! Here is a glimpse into our first day together:
No comments:
Post a Comment