Today Garrett and I went to our second Easter egg hunt of the season with a group of new friends. It was at a little park in a small, neighboring city that had playground equipment but also lot's of land with trees and room to roam. The weather was perfect! I loved how the day was structured - playtime while the mom's hid the eggs, all the kids gathered to listen to the Easter story and then the egg hunt followed by picnic lunches. Garrett, as you will see from the pictures, had a blast!
I love, love, love how Garrett (on his own) collects and finds things for me...and today he collected lot's of yellow flowers. He is so proud of himself when he brings me these treasures!

I mean, doesn't he just look like a little man? Garrett was on the picnic blanket, looked up to tell me something and immediately I had visions of him being not three years old but twelve. Heart sliced into a million little pieces!

Little man swingin' with some little gals....
All the kiddos sitting down to listen to the true Easter story...little seeds planted, I love it! I giggled when the mom who was reading got to the part about Jesus riding through town and the people were waving palm branches....Garrett (along with the others) pretended to wave his palm branch! And the other thing that just made me laugh out loud was when Garrett stood up shooting, "A WAT-UH tow-uh! A WAT-UH tow-uh!" (water tower)....he kept shouting it over and over again until someone acknowledged his find. The mom reading the story finally chimed in with joyful words that, yup, indeed, it was a water tower. Love it.

Mister in action....
So proud of his find!

Really inspecting to make sure it was "basket-worthy".... and believe me, he turned down MANY because they didn't look just right!
No comments:
Post a Comment