Well, peeps. It is true. I am still alive, well and my preschooler is now into whining (even though via this blog you might just think I was on another planet without a connection to the Internet and hence the lack of entries).
A wise momma friend of mine said that right around age three this might happen again. I chose not to believe her because if I did that, it might come true. Dern. My disbelief didn't work. I must say that these three year old tantrums really aren't that bad. No where near like two. But, the tantrums have weaseled their way back into our lives with the added bonus of whining and persuasion and three year old reasoning. Here's a mild sampling of my son's reasoning:
Momma, I do not HAVE to do any-fing. It is MY choice, Momma. I chose to not do ANY-FING. That is a good choice, Momma. Because I am the boss. Not you, Momma.
On a much brighter note, it is October and our "new" life is set to begin. By "new" I mean that G's preschool was set to open and his Kindermusik class was ready to begin (really the last week of September). Unfortunately we did not get to begin either last week due to viral infection number two of the season and the fact that the preschool (which is under construction) opening has been delayed. Again. To October 15th. No problem. No issue.
Until we went to turn in some additional paperwork today and the lovely (really, she is) director stated November is now the new start date. I really am in no hurry to get G into school because although tantrumitis has hit, we really have great days together. BUT, I am dreading the separation anxiety (for him, not me) that is to come and have been preparing G for the new change for about 1 1/2 months. Every time we drive by the school, he asks, "Momma, is it ready yet?" Poor kiddo. He probably thinks I'm making it all up.
We DID get to go to Kindersmusik today. We have not been to Kindermusik since G was about 20 months old. I was a little nervous about the revisiting this adventure only because it was with someone new and at her house and our last experience was smack dab in the start of the 2's. And, oh yes, Momma couldn't stay. Or isn't supposed to. But G's teacher, Ms. Lissa, was so great. She let me stay in the room and then back into the hallway this first week.
And, oh honey child. Garrett LOVED him some Kindersmusik. He ran. He sang. He squealed. He hugged on some new friends. He played instruments. If there is a Garrett version of Heaven here on Earth, this was it. I am so glad I did get to stay to see the joy that oozed from his eyes and body. Homeboy was truly in his element. While I will drop him off next time, I almost want to leave a video camera to capture his excitement. As a parent, this is the stuff I live for - seeing my child peering into what we think will be a talent of his one day and exude sheer giddiness about it.
Which got me thinking. Isn't that exactly what our Heavenly Father loves to see in us, His children? I cannot capture in words the soaring emotion I experienced watching Garrett today. My love for him is beyond words. And, because I take the Word for Truth, I know God loves me and Garrett and all of us a million times more than I can fathom. What kind of joy did He find in watching Garrett today?
I'll never forget being up late one night feeding a newborn little man and crying tears of joy over how much I love him. And that's when it hit me. As much as I love Garrett, God loves him so much more. And me so much more than my Earthly parents love me. It was as if I really got that Heavenly-Father-love-thing for the first time.
As I leave you today with probably the most unorganized thought process of writing, I challenge you to try and see how much you are loved. And to love others the way God loves them. Not as we see them. I will try and cling onto that notion today. How about you?
And PS: I cannot for the life of me, despite my college education, decide whether or not "earth" should be in caps or no caps....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I did the same thing when Caroline was newborn. Isn't it amazing. Even still I sneak into her room just to watch her sweet, peaceful sleep.~Amy
Post a Comment