Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Airport Day

This past Sunday was airport day for our family! We had the privilege of welcoming the orphanage director from Ellie's previous home in Ethiopia; she (and her husband) are here in the states on business. Words cannot even begin to express the immense amount of love we have for Ms. Tegist. Want to see what a servant of Jesus looks like? It's her. Want to see what a defender of the hopeless and homeless and orphaned look like? Look at her. I won't even begin to describe all she has done for our family, our daughter and our daughter's birth family. But we, the Wade's, will feel forever indebted for her faithfulness.


After Tegist's arrival we welcomed home sweet baby Maya Sitota - one of Ellie's former roomies! You can check out her family's blog here . There is something so magical about welcoming these families home - maybe it's just because I've been there. But I doubt it.


As we got in the car to come home, I was really quiet and just sad. I went from the high of seeing the miracle of an orphan being united in a forever family to the immense and heavy sadness that she is just one. Only one. I felt defeated. I felt helpless. I felt almost angry as I replayed the new count of babies and children sitting back in the orphanage that both Maya and my daughter once lived.

Why? Why? I won't go into the big philosophical debate that played through my mind that afternoon, night, yesterday or today. But I will tell you that I have complete faith and hope that each one of those precious babies and children left behind will be matched with their forever families. I have to believe that their families are out there. I have to believe that even though I can't bring them all into my family, God will provide families for them.

Could it be your family? Have YOU ever entertained the idea of adoption? Have YOU ever thought about it? What's holding you back from taking that next step? Check out this site.

3 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love this post babe...

Debra said...

I just found out that 2 of our great friends are adopting from Ethiopia too! 1 or 2 children! It's so exciting!